Monday, March 18, 2013

Lent Day 33 (Monday)

Exercise:  Planned Rest day.  It was a good thing too, as it has been an unpleasant day out.  Rainy and cooler (mid 40's) all day.  The weather is supposed to improve tomorrow, so hopefully I can get a good ride in.

Verse:
Romans 15:1-6
New King James Version (NKJV)

Bearing Others’ Burdens15 We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification. For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached You fell on Me.”[a] For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thoughts: Today wasn't the most restful day at work, I had to deal with a customer situation that many could have dealt with, but instead it was left unattended for entirely too long.  Honestly it made me miss the days of the smaller integrators and internet providers when you could just  hop in a car and go help the customer.  Not that I'm going to be looking to go back to that life, but sitting there with a feeling of helplessness as a customer, who is obviously upset, is without service while you cannot impact change is a difficult place to be in.  I'm glad we were able to resolve the issues, and I feel like we can work through them better now.  I just wish folks would put themselves in the place of the customer more.  I'm sure folks that were pushing the problem off to other groups would have been one of the first ones to rant and rave if they had problems themselves.  Sometimes ownership of another person's problem isn't the most pleasant thing, but I do get a sense of accomplishment when I know that I've done the right thing and I was able to help someone.

No comments: