Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lent Day 16 (Friday)

Exercise: Walking at lunch. Ended up walking around 2 miles to the bike shop downtown from the office at lunchtime. 

 Verse

Job 23:10-11

New International Version (NIV)
10 But he knows the way that I take;
    when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
11 My feet have closely followed his steps;
    I have kept to his way without turning aside.

Thoughts:  Today was dealing with a bit of frustration and disappointment.  I spent the week getting myself prepared, and even excited, for the Mitchell training ride that was supposed to be on Saturday.  The weather didn't look good, but I wasn't going to back down from it, but rather embrace the difficulty and put it as part of the epic nature.  60 mile rides with 5k vertical are not something new to me in general, but the focus of the training ride would have been.  Then the email came out today that the weather was looking worse and that the training ride was off.  I have to decide if the weather is going to hold long enough in the morning to brave the local shop ride, or if a Saturday ride is just out of the question.  

No comments: