Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lent Day 18 (Sunday)

Exercise: Cycling 31 miles.  Sunday typically means the Brookwood Cycling group ride.  Today was a chilly day, but I had a real good time.  After a disappointing Saturday, having a good ride with a lot of good friends was refreshing.

Verse:

Isaiah 55:7-9

New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
Thoughts:  Today I started to work on another project that I had let sit around since the move:  my Astromech.  I had made a lot of excuses for not working on it in so long, but the root of it was fear.  I managed to build something that I was really proud of, but to move forward meant I had to first take it back apart and risk making it look worse.  This project is excessively outside of my comfort zone, so it's always been a challenge to make this droid a reality.  I haven't been a patient person in general, and model building has never been my strong suit.  Thus just getting it standing was a major accomplishment, but now I have to skin the parts and start working on the electronics and details.  Detail work can be arduous, and the electronics is going to require a fair amount of dexterity that I haven't practiced on (like soldering).  What I don't want to do is let the fear of making mistakes consume me, or drive me from attempting to complete the project.  She may never look "screen accurate", but I look forward to the day when Arfour is moving around via remote control.  

No comments: