Saturday, March 9, 2013

Lent Day 24 (Saturday)

Exercise: cycling 66 miles.  This was the first of the AOMM training rides that I was able to make it out for.  Amazing trip, felt terrible by the end after hanging with the front of B group for 64 of the 66 miles.  I'll be posting on this adventure separately.

Verse:

Luke 4:5-8

New King James Version (NKJV)
Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him[a] all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.”
And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan![b] For[c] it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”[d]


Thoughts:  After being on Hogback mountain, looking out from over 2,400  feet above sea level, I can only imagine the sights that Satan showed Jesus during his tempation.  To look out over God's creation is breath taking.  To imagine that he loved me so much that he was able to give his life for me, instead of giving in Satan's tempations, is beyond recognition.  This is the biggest take-away from the ride today;  Nothing that I accomplish equals what has already been done for me.  The fact that I never ride (or walk) alone, and the fact that through Christ I can do all things.  

No comments: