Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lent Day 21 (Wednesday)

Exercise:  None (Weather).  Three days of bad weather is kind of a bummer to me.  It's unusual for me to not get on the bike during a 3 day stretch all that often, but honestly at this point I'm tired of cold.  It's hard for me to fathom thinking that, as for the last 38 years I have not had a day where I've said "you know, I'm really done with being cold at this point", usually because I know summer and hot are around the bend.  But cold (and especially cold, windy and wet) really  mean I can't get on the bike at all.  Warmer days are ahead, so right now I'll just be patient.  I did manage to take the stairs a couple of times between floors in the building, but I missed out on actually walking up and down today.  

Verse:

Mark 10:26-27

New King James Version (NKJV)
26 And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, “Who then can be saved?”
27 But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”


Thoughts: Today was a low stress day at work.  I had a lot of deep design work that I had to get done, along with some back to back meetings, but the general stress of situations just wasn't as prevelent as some days.  I'm happy for days that I can manage my energy, stress, and expectations in such a way that I can be comfortable with what I accomplished.  Too often I work myself up to be tired at the end of the day, to the point that it's I think I've made it an expected response too often.  Hopefully I can remember more often that God didn't make me to be a tired and upset individual, but rather to be someone that glows with his Spirit.

No comments: