Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday 2/4 - 1 mile on the track + Bike Cleaning

Today is Saturday, so it's track time.  Today I didn't attempt to run, since my foot is feeling better but not 100% yet.  Instead I set to goal to mostly walk at a decent pace.  I got in about 15 laps again, taking about 22 minutes.  I'd like to get the time down, but first I want to work up to walking the whole 5k.  I need to set up a baseline time to actually walk further, as I'm not to a "wait wait, I need to stop.  Does someone have a jelly donut I can borrow?" after 15 laps on the indoor track, but I want to feel strong on the ride.

After getting home, I finally took the challenge of cleaning my bike chain.  I bought the bike back in Sept, and since then I have been remiss in taking care of cleaning off the old grease and gunk that the rear cassette and chain.  After borrowing a chain cleaner from a good friend of mine, we (that is, Christy, 2 of the girls, and myself) took on the challenge of cleaning the chain.  Amazing how much sticky, gooey grease can come off of such a small chain!  After getting it cleaned off of the chain, I managed to find it on the rear wheel, the cardboard I put on the driveway, and least of which was my hands!  I managed to get the cardboard, chain cleaner, and rear wheel cleaned up (I could have sworn that the shop towel was white when I brought it out to work on the project?!?) , but my hands are a different matter.  I have a feeling that I'm going to be spending a few days attempting to get the last of the grease off my hands, or spending some money at Target tonight on some of the Lava-style soap that cleans grease off of hands (not to mention a layer or two of skin) better.


Earlier this morning I took a gander at trying on some of the clothes I keep around to mock myself from time to time as well.  You know, the clothes that you get out of the drawer when you've been bad about doing laundry and go "oh.  yeah.  I can't wear these".  Over the years I've gotten rid of most of these clothes, but I still have a few pairs of jeans that  I've kept around.  What I found is that for the first time in close to a decade, I can actually button/zip my 38" jeans while I'm still inside them!  I have a long way to go before they'd be wearable OUT somewhere, mind you (unless you really like the "Muffin Top" look, which btw I do not), but just getting that far is amazing!  4 months ago I wouldn't have even been able to come close to getting them on.  That bring on the new challenge of having to figure out what I still own that I can wear without it spontaneously falling off of my at inopportune times.  Oh the hardships of weight loss!


No comments: