Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lent Day 6 (Tuesday)

Exercise:  Rest Day

Verse:

Psalm 46:9-11

King James Version (KJV)
He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Thoughts:  I tend to be a "human doing" much more than a "human being".  I go from task to task, consumed with filling my waking hours with activities both required and recreational.  Every so often I'm reminded that God calls us to "be still, and know that he is God".  So often in the Bible rest is prescribed, and we as humans seem to ignore it.  We get worried about our own problems, and our own issues, that we forget that God owns it all.  We don't have to worry about being right or wrong, we don't need to be on the "winning" side, we need to be in step with God and let him do the lifting for us.

When I remember this, and I stop to rest and "be still" I know that all of my troubles are handled in Him, and that I should focus on what he needs calls me to be.  In this I can be content with what He has provided for me, and know that he walks with me at all times.  

I just need to be still, and know that HE is GOD.




No comments: