Monday, February 18, 2013

Lent Day 5 (Monday)

Exercise:  Cycling, 19.5 miles.  It was windy today, made the ride harder than it shows on my tracking.  I tried a new path to get around up in Traveler's Rest.  I also had a chance to reflect on the past year and the changes that I've gone through.  I've ridden basically this same 19 mile path dozens of times in the past year, and it never really gets easier.  I just get stronger, and thus I push myself more to go faster and be stronger again.  I used to struggle to go 10mph in some sections of the trail, now I do those same sections at 20mph.  It's not easy, but the simple fact that I can do it shows the progress that I often forget to let myself see.  

Verse:

Romans 8:38-39

New International Version (NIV)
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Thoughts:  Work kept me busy today.  I had more than one place where I could have stated that I didn't have time to do something more because of what the task was than the fact that I didn't really have time.  I made the time to do the extra work, though, and didn't really stress over it.  It got a lot done faster, and without any drama, so it was worth it.  The upside to me individually is that I was able to work on things that I typically don't believe I have a strong knowledge of, and work through the issues that I encountered.  


No comments: