Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent Day 1 (Ash Wednesday)

Note:  This is day 1 of the 40 days of posts I plan to do during Lent.  It's a document Lent as a time for reflection and adjustment in my own personal life.  These posts will have 3 sections:  The exercise I completed for the day, the scripture I read, and my recap of the day on that particular day.

Exercise for Day 1:  3x10 push ups; 3x10 sit ups.  The weather was improving by 5pm and I probably could have snuck out for a quick ride, but it was windy and cool.  The push ups were hard.  The last set I had to finish on my knees, although I had my arms in close to work more muscle groups on that set.

Verse of the day:
New International Version (NIV)
“The person to be cleansed must wash their clothes, shave off all their hair and bathe with water; then they will be ceremonially clean. After this they may come into the camp,but they must stay outside their tent for seven days. On the seventh day they must shave off all their hair; they must shave their head, their beard, their eyebrows and the rest of their hair. They must wash their clothes and bathe themselves with water, and they will be clean.

Recap:
Today wasn't a particularly rough day, although often times I feel like just when I think I have a handle on things is when derailments happen.  To that end I'm not sure if this happens because I expect them to (and make my own "luck") or if it's just that I know the situations well enough.  I chose the verse to post today based on the BibleGateway.com reading plan for February 13th.  I found that this section of the reading was timely for the first day of Lent, especially as I look at the next 40 days as a journey with a hope and goal of deeping my relationship with God.  

No comments: