Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lent Day 12 (Monday)

Exercise: Planned Rest day. Mondays during the main cycling months are my "day off", since I typically ride on the weekends, and they are my bigger ride days. It didn't help any that the weather went from fantastic to transitional as well. Supposed to rain until Wednesday, so my usual Tuesday ride is probably off as well. 

Verse: 

Ecclesiastes 3:1-15

The Message (MSG)

There’s a Right Time for Everything

There’s an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth:
2-8 A right time for birth and another for death,
A right time to plant and another to reap,
A right time to kill and another to heal,
A right time to destroy and another to construct,
A right time to cry and another to laugh,
A right time to lament and another to cheer,
A right time to make love and another to abstain,
A right time to embrace and another to part,
A right time to search and another to count your losses,
A right time to hold on and another to let go,
A right time to rip out and another to mend,
A right time to shut up and another to speak up,
A right time to love and another to hate,
A right time to wage war and another to make peace.
9-13 But in the end, does it really make a difference what anyone does? I’ve had a good look at what God has given us to do—busywork, mostly. True, God made everything beautiful in itself and in its time—but he’s left us in the dark, so we can never know what God is up to, whether he’s coming or going. I’ve decided that there’s nothing better to do than go ahead and have a good time and get the most we can out of life. That’s it—eat, drink, and make the most of your job. It’s God’s gift.
14 I’ve also concluded that whatever God does, that’s the way it’s going to be, always. No addition, no subtraction. God’s done it and that’s it. That’s so we’ll quit asking questions and simply worship in holy fear.
15 Whatever was, is.
Whatever will be, is.
That’s how it always is with God.



 Thoughts:  This weekend is Megacon.  For those that do not live in Orlando, Megacon is one of the largest multimedia conventions (science fiction, comics, anime, etc) in the area.  The Southern R2 Builders group (along with the 501st and Rebel Legion) always have booths set up, and it's a fantastic fun time.  This will be the second year that I have not been able to go.  It makes me reflect on new lifestyles and focus.  I have a droid that I was working on when I was in Orlando (R4-P17) that has, for the most part, gone unfinished since I moved to Greenville.  In the past 18 months we've spent a lot of time establishing a "new normal" lifestyle for myself and my family.  Establishing a new home, changing our fitness and nutritional habits, new work environment, new hobbies.  I still question why I have left R4 unfinished.  For at least a year I resisted many of my old habits, including gaming, very vehemently   I think this is for fear of become who I was before, instead of who I want to be.   R4 is in a state where she's presentable right now, standing on 3 legs.  To make her better I have to risk taking her apart for an extended period of time, though.  I also have fear that the finished product will not look good as well.  There are decisions I need to make on what of my old lifestyle was healthy and what needs to be left behind.  It'll just take time.

No comments: