Friday, February 15, 2013

Lent Day 3 (Friday)

Exercise: Cycling ~19 miles. Nothing fancy, just up and back on the swamp rabbit. I did do a little bit of Paris Mountain, but I ran out of time and wasn't able to climb the whole thing. I enjoyed a Christmas present that Carol got me: a speaker for the bike. I was able to listen to some tunes while riding today.

Verse:
2 Corinthians 12:8-10
New International Version (NIV)
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Remarks:  Today was overall a good day.  Often times I feel like I'm wallowing too much in the issues I have at any given time, especially when I'm dealing with money.  I feel like I should be better, no matter what the situation is.  I forget that because I'm saved I don't have to be perfect, I need to be joyful that my yesterdays are erased and that I am loved.  It's in my weaknesses that I can find strength.

Today was a good day.

No comments: