Friday, March 9, 2012

Spinathon Day 1

Today was day 1 of the GHS YMCA Spin-a-Thon.  This is an event that is supporting their Open Doors Campaign, to help folks that cannot afford to participate in the Y's programs.  Considering the gift that I have been given, I feel very strongly for this campaign and helping others to have an opportunity to have access to resources and equipment to make a fitness journey that could change their lives.

Today started out at 5:15, getting on a spin cycle.  Except for a 30 minute break I took to have some breakfast around 7:15, I was on the bike for the entire time.  Instead of giving a play by play, I wanted to documented my feelings for the event.  I had an incredible time, and even though I sit here tired and sore, I'd sign up to do it exactly this way again.  The only thing I regret is that I was unable to raise as much money for the cause as I had wished to.  Riding for over 5 hours was very rough for me, and the last hour was very rough.  I was thrilled to see my fellow Rob's Big Losers on the bikes, too!  Over the course of the past 6 months I've come to love cycling as a way to get fit and have fun at the same time.  Things that get folks onto a bike and enjoy themselves, including spin class, to me is absolutely priceless.  Tomorrow is Day 2, and I hope to see the rest of my team mates out there on the bikes.


No comments: