Friday, January 27, 2012

New Year, New Blog post

It's a new year, 2012 even.  It seems that I've not taking all of the advantages I should have on the blogging I could have been doing here, especially over the past few months.  That said, 2011 was a real roller coaster ride for me with the new job, new house, the move, and the costs involved with all the changes.

I found out last week that I'm a part of "Rob's Big Losers".  This is a program sponosered by the Local YMCA branches in the Greenville area, as well as HIS Radio up here.  I have to blog for them, so I'm figuring I should blog here at least as often as I blog for the program.  This week has been extremely stressful for me as I learn about the program and what's expected of me.  Add on top of that I have to tear down survival walls that I put in place for years about my self image and my own expectations of what I can do and what I'm capable of.  I know I'm capable of SO much more that I do now fitness-wise, and I cannot wait to see how the program helps me out.  I just need to let go and enjoy the trip.

Rob Dempsey quoted this on Monday, and I've been using it as my signature on my personal email since I heard it.  It's a comfort and a reassurance:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me."
Phillipeans 4:13

My goal is to blog here after every workout, whether it's a part of the Y program or one of my routine bike rides. To go over how I feel and post up my expectations and successes. That way in 12 weeks I can look back and see how far I've come.

No comments: