Sunday, January 29, 2012

1/29 Bike Ride - 28.5 miles

Today I had a chance to spend some time on the bike.  This is the activity that I've come to really enjoy, as it seems to really clear my head and challenges me over and over.

The ride today was no slouch, though.  28.5 miles through the beautiful countryside outside of Simpsonville, SC.  There was a pretty stiff wind at times, too. I spent a lot of the time off the back of the group, but I was determined to do my best to keep up.  I was really proud of one segment where I climbed a hill with the whole group cheering me on to the top.  Really made my afternoon, and strengthened me through to the end.

http://app.strava.com/rides/3720250

Have to say, I'm ready to not push my own wind for 2 hours at a time.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another clear day.  May be round 2 vs Paris Mountain.

No comments: